Sunday, January 9, 2011

Did I do that?

A couple years ago I found this great solid wood table left for trash on the street. I remember the discovery as if it were yesterday. I was rounding the corner where I live in New York City and there, huddled with mounds of plastic bags, boxes, and other discarded furniture was this amazing solid wood table. I eased the car to the curb, looked the table over, determined it was salvageable and quickly heaved it into the back of our Subaru Outback. (I can't tell you how many times I wished that I had a pick-up truck just to tool around the city to pick up lucky finds just like this one.)

About a month ago I decided to pitch a wood refinishing story to AOL's DIYlife. I completed the project this weekend and am so proud of the results that I wanted to give you a glimpse of the "before" and "after" here. Once the story posts, I'll provide a DIYlife link with the step-by-step details.

Now, I don't want to allude to the fact that stripping and refinishing wood furniture is a fun or easy project. It takes patience, muscle and perseverance. But, if you put the time into doing the job right you too can achieve some amazing results. I am already looking for something else to strip and refinish.

No comments:

Post a Comment